Entries in dj craze (4)
Native Instruments have created a mixer to interact flawlessly with Traktor. Who could be better to demonstrate it's capabilities than DJ Craze?
Download the free new jam from Bro Safari and DJ Craze called 'Spooked'. Just in time for your bizarre Hallowe'en party this week!
Craze is a legend. A many time DMC champ, founder of Slow Roast Records, master of turntablism, drum n bass, hip hop, and now dubstep and moombahton. This guy does it all. Not only that! But he's playing this Saturday at Wrongbar for SLOWED with Torro Torro and Lucie Tic.
Pinkmafia.ca recently had a very nice Q&A with the man himself. Enjoy below. Or peep the whole article here! And then, peep the ultra cool new tune with Slow Roast labelmate and many-time collaborator, Codes!
1. What is your dream of happiness?
My dream of happiness is living the rest of my life happy with my Mrs and
daughter. Doing what I’m doing now for as long as I live.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
4. What do you fear most?
Fear itself (when I become afraid I get anxious and I HATE being anxious)
5. 808s or 909s?
808′s all day!!!
6. What’s your biggest regret?
My biggest regret is starting drinking & smoking. It’s the worst kids, don’t ever start!!!
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
Fabric in London …. Got some of my best memories ever in that club.
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
I can’t live without music.
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
#1 I would’ve loved to see Michael Jackson live
#2 The Doors
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
The 80′s — it’s the music I literally grew up on. When I hear tunes from the 80′s I can remember smells and vibes. It’s amazing!!
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
At this point in my life I’d rather go deaf only because I can’t imagine not being able to watch my family grow and after all those years of loud music maybe silence wouldnt be that bad. Naw but really I wouldnt any of them.
12. How old is too old?
Pooping your pants … That’s tooo old.
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
In 15 years I’d still like to be making music and running a label. But I wouldn’t want to be traveling as much . And I see myself in a suit being a boss!
14. Who’s your hero?
Muhammad Ali — Greatest of All Time
15. What’s your favourite colour?
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
Theres too many but if I have to choose one right now it would be ….Anything with Pitbull on it.
17. Metallica or Madonna?
18. What’s your most hated vice?
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
Michael Jackson … He was the man … But mad weird!
20. What are the top three live shows you’ve seen in your life?
1) The Roots
2) Kanye West
3) Jeremy Ellis
More on CRAZE: